That is the question I had been asking myself. Anyway, I cannot believe that I actually paid money to HURT myself. Not very funny really. I went to Sunset Beach Friday evening. My daughter frequents this place and is quite dark , a beautiful nutty brown. I however am quite pale. We don't quite match. So .................I was thinking (or as it turns out, not thinking properly) and I gave in and went to this Sunset Beach place. Well............the girl their didn't question me about whether or not I burn. Apparently we both thought I would have no trouble tanning since I am hispanic. Wrong! I went 20 minutes in a Ruva bed. And boy let me tell you, I am so glad I did not go on a work night, or I would have called in sick the next day. The first hours afterward were fine. Then I started to shiver and turned a bright, bright pink. All over, yes All over. The shivering became uncontrollable by about 10 in the evening. My daughter was about with her best friend Linds and not due home til 11:30. She text me about 11:00 asking to stay out longer. I told her "No, please no! I can't fall asleep til you come home." So, she appeared about 11:45. She was quite shocked to find me in full distress. It seems kind of funny now. But, I was sure I was going to DIE! I was shivering uncontrollably, even though I had on pajamas, a robe and was covered in heavy blankets. She heated an extra blanket in the dryer and tucked that in. I warmed up a bit. But the shivers came in waves. I thought I would puke. But happily didn't. She came to lay with me til she was sure I wouldn't die. Lol, Oh my What a night! I woke about 7:00, then again at 9:oo and finally got up at 11:00. The coffee she had brewed for me was quite weak, but I drank it anyway. After a shower (a very careful shower), I made a list. A list for Tati to finish my errands and do some of my grocery shopping. She was more than happy to do it. I think she wanted to get away from all my painful moaning. Anyway, she returned and I was soooooooo happy to see the Aloe Gel. Miracle Gel. She rubbed it on my back and when I lay down on the couch, my shirt was prompty glued to my back. I cannot espouse the medicinal properties of Aloe Gel enough. This stuff is simply amazing. I am almost feeling like myself again. Though I am quite tired. As if the burn sucked all the energy out of me. I hope tomorrow is better, because it is Easter. Tati did buy more eggs and some dye and a cute little basket. I will try to get up early and go shop for some nice dinner items. Not sure yet what I will want to cook up. But it will be fresh. So....today was a bummer for me. Lol. I am sooooooooo glad that Tatiana can drive. Never thought I would say that!
Ciao and Happy Painted Eggs Day!
May tomorrow be the greatest Fashion show ever.!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment